Re: [Lista Criptica] Just another password manager

Author: guifipedro
To: list_criptica
Subject: Re: [Lista Criptica] Just another password manager
I investigated a little bit (JUST LITTLE BIT OF TESTING, DO NOT TRUST.
Hope some day we will research deeply)

I found an alternative to buttercup:

https://github.com/keeweb/keeweb
https://keeweb.info/

this way you can import/export open/save keepass database (for me seems
great)

a question is if buttercup manages concurrent users modifying the file
(keeweb does not do that, but facilitates its integration with a system
that manages that concurrency such as owncloud/nextcloud or webdav)

I cannot spend more time today, but I found a fork of keepassx that
seems great:

https://keepassxc.org/

they have a web interface

I also liked the centralized/corporate approach of vault:
https://www.vaultproject.io/

but at the moment I don't see how this can be applied to little groups
of activists

well, somehow:
https://github.com/hashicorp/vault/issues/817
-> https://github.com/nyxcharon/vault-ui
-> https://github.com/AMeng/vault-web

about pass
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pass
https://www.passwordstore.org/

today I tried what I could find about GUIs:

https://qtpass.org/
https://github.com/eirc/pass.js
I liked! -> https://www.npmjs.com/package/pass-web