[Tails-l10n] Tails 2.8 is cancelled! [Was: Release schedule …

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Tails localization discussion
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Tails 2.8 is cancelled! [Was: Release schedule for Tails 2.8]
Hi!

We have decided to downgrade the next release from a major release to a
point release, which according to our versioning scheme means we cancel
2.8 and release 2.9 instead. In practice, for most of you this just
means that there will be no release candidate on 2016-12-01.

The reasons for this move are that this release cycle already was cut
short by one week (thanks Mozilla!), and that the two sprints some of us
were involved in which took quite some time and energy.

I'm gonna post the release schedule for Tails 2.9 shortly.

Cheers!