[Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 2.8

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Tails localization discussion
New-Topics: [Tails-l10n] Tails 2.8 is cancelled! [Was: Release schedule for Tails 2.8]
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 2.8
Hi,

I'll be the release manager for Tails 2.8, which is a major release
scheduled on 2016-12-13. The list of tickets targeting Tails 2.8 can be
found here:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=217

Below you'll find the preliminary release schedule for Tails 2.8. I
don't see much options for the feature freeze + and 2.8~rc1 release
date. Maybe it can be moved +/- one day, but the testing period of the
release candidate will be tight, as will the release cycle as a whole.
If any one has good arguments for a radical change in either way, I'd
like to consider them.

Here goes:

* 2016-12-01:
   - Feature Freeze: All feature branches targeting Tails 2.8 should
     be merged into the `devel` branch by noon, CET. I'm open to make
     exceptions if you can be online and responsive during that
     afternoon, but ask me first!
   - Build and upload Tails 2.8~rc1.
   - Start testing Tails 2.8~rc1 during late CET if building the image
     went smoothly.

* 2016-12-02:
- Finish testing Tails 2.8~rc1 by the afternoon, CET.
- Release Tails 2.8~rc1.

* 2016-12-11:
  - All branches targeting Tails 2.8 *must* be merged into the `testing`
    branch by noon, CET.
  - The upcoming Tor Browser is hopefully out so we can import it.
  - Build and upload Tails 2.8 ISO image and IUKs.
  - Hopefully start testing Tails 2.8.

* 2016-12-13:
- Finish testing Tails 2.8 by the afternoon, CET.
- Release Tails 2.8 during late CET.

Testers, please let me know:

* if you are available on 2016-12-01, late CET

* if you are available on 2016-12-02, morning to afternoon, CET.

* if you are available on 2016-12-12, late CET

* if you are available on 2016-12-13, morning to afternoon, CET.

Cheers!