Re: [Tails-dev] An update to zuluCrypt status in debian

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] An update to zuluCrypt status in debian
Hi,

.. ink .. wrote (09 May 2016 10:07:36 GMT) :
> A few years i made a request for zuluCrypt[1] to be included in tails
> to offer support for Plain dm-crypt,LUKS,TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt
> encrypted volumes and zuluCrypt was considered and rejected because it
> was not in debian[2] among other reasons.

> I would like to update the info on the status of zuluCrypt in debian
> by saying it is already in debian[3] and ubuntu[4] and the maintainer
> intents to backport it to jessie at some point in the future.

> While here,i would also like to inform of the latest[5] release of
> zuluCrypt that offers a GUI solution for having a "hidden volume" type
> functionality to LUKS volumes.

Thanks for the update, and for the large set of references!

Is anyone here excited in working on this topic?

Personally, I'd much rather see work towards having TrueCrypt volumes
supported in udisks2 and GNOME Disks, than adding a second GUI to
manage encrypted volumes: having to choose between two tools with
overlapping functionality seems like a recipe for bad UX, to me.
But of course it's a matter of "how much we really want TrueCrypt
volumes support in a GUI" vs. "the UX regression of adding a tool with
duplicated functionality".