Re: [Tails-ux] feature request: seperate, multiple, persist…

Author: Spencer
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] feature request: seperate, multiple, persistant volumes
Hi,

> segfault:
> anyone who knows how to look at the partition table

This is everyone that poses any kind of real threat.

>> sajolida:
>> tails-ux

Yay for this!

>>> Thomas:
>>> several different persistent volumes

This is useful.

>>> automatically asked for a password even when there is >>> NO
>>> persistent volume

This was discussed a bit back (I am sure there are archives) and was
decided against for now; I do not remember why, Alan might be able to
answer but I would give it some time.

>> Having multiple persistent storage on a single USB
>> stick would only save you hardware.

It also expands the use case spectrum to include people that want to use
Tails as their only computer and span multiple lives, e.g., work,
school, personal, and so on.

Overlooking the SD Card limitations, a USB stick with removable added
storage cards will become the form factor for live distributions, until
Apple tries to kill the USB Type-A.

Wordlife,
Spencer