[lime] GSoC 2024 Pirania

Autore: Henrique Mohr
Oggetto: [lime] GSoC 2024 Pirania
Hello, hope you are well!

Yesterday i managed to present PIrania in the final meeting of gsoc.

You can test it by cloning the repo and uploading to the router with lime
2024.1-rc1
Repo:
https://github.dev/henmohr/lime-packages/blob/mohr-patch-nftables-1/packages/pirania/files/usr/bin/captive-portal

Command to clone the repo:
git clone --branch mohr-patch-nftables-1 --single-branch
https://github.com/henmohr/lime-packages.git

and upload the files to the router. (cd lime-packages && scp -r
packages/pirania/files/* root@$1:/)

At this moment i got a redirection loop (which was solved). I managed to
fix and got working but then forgot to save the code.. lol.

I thought that set_nftables function could become file with the rules
instead of a script.
So the script would only load this file with rules and update
mac-addresses, clean tables, etc.
Could consume less resources? Maybe

The GSoC is ending (next monday 16 will open to submit the final report)
but i think
there's a lot to do.

I would like to thanks Ilario and Hiure for the mentorship and also all of
you who contribute to this amazing project called LibreMesh. :)

[]'s

Here are the blogposts:
https://blog.freifunk.net/2024/05/31/gsoc-2024-new-release-for-project-libremesh-pirania/
https://blog.freifunk.net/2024/07/12/gsoc-2024-new-release-for-project-libremesh-pirania-part-ii/