[Tails-dev] Tails Windowmanager

このメッセージを削除

このメッセージに返信
著者: Hans
To: tails-dev
題目: [Tails-dev] Tails Windowmanager
Dear Tails-team,

I remember that several years ago, Tails got the option at boot, to decice, if
the window manager is looking like Windows.

IMO this is a good option, especially for journalists and other people, which
are woring in the open (i.e. in a cafe or restaurant). If such a journalist
would be in surveillance, one could see from the far, that he is using some
"suspicous software". Or, if the surveillance agent is walking by and is doing
shoulder surfing.

To implement this option should not be too difficult. As far as I know, ails
is using XFCE as window manager (if not, this could be easily added).

For XFCE there is a great package from kail, called "kali-undercover", which
lets XFCE look like Windows-10. This can be shut on and off during the wor,
but you can also force it to look always like Windows-10.

I do not know, why this option was discarded in the past, but IMO working with
"fancy looking software" in some countries is IMHO a great danger for the
victims!

Maybe you might thin over it and reimplement this in the futiure?

Thans for reading this!

Best regards

Hans

P.S. I am looking for a way, to build Tails for my own purposes, but I found
no documentation. Please point me to it if there is one either.