Re: [Tails-dev] Nym Network and Tails

Autore: kurono
To: intrigeri, The Tails public development discussion list
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Nym Network and Tails
Hey Intrigeri!,

On 7/24/24 03:49, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi kurono!
>
> Long time no see, I hope you're doing well.
>
> Sorry for the very late reply!

No problem, I'm doing well thanks, I hope you too.

> Before I can start thinking about this, I need to ask:
>
> Could you please describe what are the expected benefits of this change
> for Tails users?
>
> I'm asking because "[being] able to send blockchain traffic through
> Nym" is probably not a goal per-se in the life of most of our users :)

You can see more details about the Nym mixnet technology here:

https://nymtech.net/about/mixnet

Nym offers a general mixnet that Tails users could utilize for any
purpose they already have using the Tor network. Of course, the mixnet
offers a higher level of security than Tor by adding random data and
random delays to the network packages.

This makes the mixnet slower than the Tor network, which makes it not so
practical for certain things like streaming or uploading huge files. But
it can be used for many other critical use cases include sending text
messages, sending documents, small images, browsing simple websites,
among others. Blockchain traffic is just another use case that seems
very interesting to create a first PoC.

> Cheers,

Please let me know if you have more questions