Re: [Tails-dev] Tails for arm64 (with support for Apple Sili…

Author: noisycoil
To: NoisyCoil via Tails-dev
CC: NoisyCoil via Tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails for arm64 (with support for Apple Silicon)
Dear all,

Congratulations on the new release! As usual, I uploaded the arm64 builds to MEGA.

The only relevant news this month is Tails Asahi v6.4 comes with Linux v6.8.11, which means that for the first time Tails is on par with Fedora Asahi in terms of Apple Silicon hardware support. Concretely, there's now support for speakers and HDMI video, and more generally for whatever is listed here: https://asahilinux.org/fedora/#device-support. Note, however, that I don't possess the hardware (nor the manpower!) to actually test that everything works as intended. It does as far as my tests go, but, in case it doesn't, that's probably on me, not on the Asahi devs :-)

Cheers,

NoisyCoil

P.S.: I had to tweak one step definition ("When /^I open a new tab in the(.*)$/") so that the cursor is moved out of the way after opening a new browser tab, because after upgrading from Linux 6.6 to 6.8 the cursor suddenly started to be shown on the screen during at least one of the scenarios, obstructing the "new tab" button and making it impossible to recognize "TorBrowserNewTabButton.png". I have not fully debugged this yet, and since you wouldn't be able to reproduce it anyway I won't open an issue at this time.