[lime] Previous meeting's log

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ilario
Betreff: [lime] Previous meeting's log
Hi all!
In sight of the next meeting tomorrow, here I copy and paste at the bottom of this email the meeting minutes of the previous meeting of the 6th of April, even if I didn't participate XD
Also, remember that you can propose topics to discuss during tomorrow's meeting on the pad:
https://pad.cas.cat/LibreMesh_meetup_2024?view#Saturday-the-1st-of-June-2024-at-1300-UTC-1500-CEST-1000-ART
(the https certificate seems expired)

Saturday the 6th of April 2024 at 13:00 UTC (15:00 CEST, 10:00 ART).

People

Hiure, Batata, Javier, Pony

Topics

New release candidate
Sorting of students for GSoC
Updates on the testing grant
Are we going to BattleMesh?

New release candidate

Pre-meeting info: a new release candidate has been tagged. It points
to the fixed lime-app
https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/tree/v2024.1-rc1
Javier feels that we need to test a little bit more
Hiure will test the release candidate. After his repport, we can
release it (or not)

Sorting of students for GSoC

Pre-meeting info: we have a few students who applied for the Google
Summer of Code. The last year, we had to sort them in order to allow
Freifunk to select one-two from each sub-project.
Applications here:
https://uz.sns.it/~ilario/gsoc2024/
Note: Mael Panouillot applied for two projects, but wrote us
specifying that would prefer to work on Cable Purpose Autodetection

Sorted as:

LibreMesh Cable Purpose Autodetection: Mael Panouillot
LibreMesh Internet Control: Ajay Chauhan
Libremesh Pirania, new release: Henrique Mohr

Updates on the testing grant

Pre-meeting info: Pony sent the report
https://lists.autistici.org/message/20240224.195742.4837407c.en.html
if this is approved during the meeting, we can give the second half of
the grant.
The group defined that this report was approved

Hiure seems will test the just-released new version of lime-app before
sending the final report.
https://lists.autistici.org/message/20240318.233153.a7c8e534.en.html
https://lists.autistici.org/message/20240403.205657.5738251a.en.html

Hiure started a new round of tests in a small testbed, he also found
some problems recently where not all network profiles are able to
compile the firmware (seems some depencencies issue)

Pony are using wpa_cli, a command line tool to switch APs and seems
its taking some time to reconect (roaming test)

Test about name resolution:
Hiure: problem with local server with offline ssl certificate, the
server was in one cloud (network) and then when he tried to access it
from another cloud (connected by cable) it’s wasn’t reachable (2
different meshs connected by cable)

Pony tested name resolution of routers in 2 clouds and it worked fine

Hiure mentioned about shared’state package for DNS local server
resolution but it wasn’t tested yet

Javier asked Hiure to write down what his found to improve bat name

Are we going to BattleMesh?

Javier asked if we are going to BattleMesh