[Hackmeeting] segnalazione warmup a berlino 9 giugno

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Agnese
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: HackMeeting
Aihe: [Hackmeeting] segnalazione warmup a berlino 9 giugno
Ciao lista,

segnalo questo warmup a Berlino il 9 giugno 2024 organizzato dal
Disruption Network Lab: "Fighting Technologies of Domination: From
decentralised event platforms to the right to analogue" [1] si discuterà
del diritto a vivere senza smartphone e di software fuori dal radar
GAFAM con il collettivo Balotta.org di Bologna che condurrà un
laboratorio su Gancio. Oltre a balotta ci sarò io a moderare e Roberta
Barone che approfondirà il tema del diritto a non avere uno smartphone
mostrando alcune clip dal documentario "Digital Dissidents" [2]. Qui il
trailer [3].

Abbiamo invitato anche un collettivo di ciclist di berlino che usa
gancio. [4]

Qui la descrizione dell'evento:

"How can we find alternative ways of sharing information and events
beyond big tech and commercial social media platforms? And when we want
to unplug, do we have a 'right to analogue'? Over the past decade,
smartphones, and with them Big Tech, have become almost inextricably
woven into the fabric of our daily lives. So much so that the (few)
people who, for whatever reason, don't own a smartphone are increasingly
having to find workarounds or give up some activities altogether.

If it is true that there is an emerging, unspoken obligation to own
devices produced and marketed by private companies in order to
participate fully in public and private life, we need to be aware of it,
discuss it and ask ourselves: should we, as citizens, have the freedom
to choose not to own a smartphone, without this choice causing
significant friction in our daily lives?

The right to analogue is not a rejection of technology, but a call for
autonomy. It is another tool in the toolbox of digital rights activists,
alongside decentralised software alternatives. If the right to analogue
is formally recognised, companies and institutions would be obliged to
provide diverse options, and this in turn could help loosen the grip
that tech monopolies have on individuals, governments and society.
Programme

15:00-16:30: Open discussion – From decentralised platforms to the right
to analogue.

The first part of the meetup will be dedicated to an open discussion, on
the one hand to name the contradictions of the acritical adoption of
smartphones and to give a voice and a framework to doubts, questions and
demands that remain largely unspoken, and on the other hand to explore
the possibilities of grassroots technologies and decentralised
open-source software to share events and collect experiences beyond the
use of social media platforms.

16:45-18:15: Gancio and Balotta.org – Exploring open-source software for
event publishing.

After a short break, the second part of the meetup will be hosted by the
Balotta Collective (Italy) and we will delve deeper into the exploration
of Gancio.

Born in Turin (Italy) out of political hacking movements, Gancio is a
free open-source software designed for event publishing.

Because technology is not neutral and should be freely available to all,
Gancio sees users not as passive visitors but as active content
creators. In fact, its main feature allows anyone to browse and add
events, freely and anonymously, without asking for registration, money
(like Meetup) and/or personal information (like Facebook). No ads, no
likes, no usernames, just a simple agenda.

In this workshop we will use the website Balotta.org as a case study to
show how Gancio can be implemented and used for and by local
organisations. Balotta.org is a shared calendar for the city of Bologna,
Italy. We will look at the political reasons for its creation and how
these have evolved over time, as well as explaining our moderation
process and the decision to print a paper version. We will describe
Gancio's interface, including submitting an event as an anonymous user
and browsing the admin dashboard."

baci a presto!
a-

[1] https://www.disruptionlab.org/event/fighting-technologies-of-domination