[Aisa.circuli] AI-Generated Science

Author: Daniela Tafani
To: aisa.circuli@inventati.org
Subject: [Aisa.circuli] AI-Generated Science
Published scientific papers include language that appears to have been generated by AI-tools like ChatGPT, showing how pervasive the technology has become, and highlighting longstanding issues with some peer-reviewed journals.

Searching for the phrase “As of my last knowledge update” on Google Scholar, a free search tool that indexes articles published in academic journals, returns 115 results. The phrase is often used by OpenAI’s ChatGPT to indicate when the data the answer it is giving users is coming from, and the specific months and years found in these academic papers correspond to previous ChatGPT “knowledge updates.”

“As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, there is no widely accepted scientific correlation between quantum entanglement and longitudinal scalar waves,” reads a paper titled “Quantum Entanglement: Examining its Nature and Implications” published in the “Journal of Material Sciences & Manfacturing [sic] Research,” a publication that claims it’s peer-reviewed.

Continua qui:

https://www.404media.co/email/a2a944f8-235a-4c75-8d00-955edbbfcb4e/