Re: [Tails-l10n] Buggy Italian translations for Persistent S…

Author: ignifugo
To: victordargallo, Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Buggy Italian translations for Persistent Storage: _x000D_

On 11/01/24 01:31, victordargallo wrote:
> Hi Ignifugo,
>
>> I don't think I reviewed it and the other 2 revievwer are not
>> so active, so..
>>
>> @victor now how did you fix it? who revised it?
>> Maybe there is some issue in the technical mechanism?
>
> This strings were from Hosted Weblate,[1][2] not from the Tails
> Translation Platform, which is the Tails GUI component from
> Tor Project's Weblate.[3]

Hi victor,

thanks for your kind reply,

in this case make sense, are two different platforms, managed different.

> I've only removed the suggested "_x000D_" text from these two
> strings. Since I saw that the majority of translations on the
> GUI are made directly as translations and not as suggestions on
> Hosted Weblate, I thought that was what I was supposed to do.
> I'm sorry if that is not the case.
>
> In case I have done something wrong, I would apreciate if you
> could clarify me the translation procedure for Tails GUI in
> Italian, as I see that it is not exactly the same as for the
> website/documentation and I don't see it documented on the
> website.[4]

I think you did in the only way you could.

My answer was related about the phrase of Intrigeri:

> And while I'm at it, I'd like to encourage you to collaborate and
> establish some sort of review workflow, to increase the chances that
> someone spots such mistakes before they make it into a Tails
> release 🙂

but I think we have already done what is in the possibilities and on how
Tor manages the translation workflow we cannot change it.

Thanks for you contributions!

hugs

Ignifugo