Re: [lime] Two proposals of points for next meeting: Website…

Autor: gothos
Para: libremesh
Temas antigos: [lime] Next community meeting: 2 dic
Asunto: Re: [lime] Two proposals of points for next meeting: Website and Release name FF - was Next community meeting: 2 dic
Hi

I would like to add two points for the next meeting

# Website
To improve the readabilty of the website but without affecting the
structure:
- jekyll with asciidoc
- /docs html pages are fetched via subversion and included in firmware
images via the package `lime-docs` then the docs is visible offline at
every libremesh node at http://10.13.0.1/docs

I've made this example of restyling:
https://libremesh.antennine.campiinrete.org

Based on this work https://github.com/vsoch/mkdocs-jekyll with some
adjustments, and keeping the feature of multiple languages

One of the main ideas (comparing to the actual site) is to use all the
space available to display always a left sidebar with all links (instead
of having 2 different menus that appears on some pages)
And to display always a table of content for long pages

It also has a search bar that seems simple but powerful

I would like to ask to the meeting if it could have sense to think about
a restyling like this

# Release name
Let's choose a name if there will be time (because it would be nice to
have one before the end of the year :)

So far only giohack has expressed a preference
fantastic forwarder

+1 for me

--
gothos