[lime] Firmware images of latest libremesh based on openwrt …

Author: gothos
To: LibreMesh
Subject: [lime] Firmware images of latest libremesh based on openwrt 23.05.0
Hi folks!

Hoping that tests of libremesh based on latest openwrt 23.05.0 could be
easier and more numerous, without necessarily having also to compile
openwrt/libremesh.

I've done a built of libremesh for a large list of devices supported by
openwrt.

Based on the latest 23.05.0 of OpenWrt (13 october 2023)
I've used the master branch of LibreMesh at commit @d0c498f (22 october
2023)

That is after the fix of @pony1k "fix bridge device section confusion"
https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/commit/d0c498f7fec2512cece194c2da2b4d481a3aec6c

Builds are available at
https://firmware-libremesh.antennine.campiinrete.org/releases/master-ow23/

I briefly report also a quick test I've made on a lantiq/xway
netgear_dgn3500 without noticing errors

Before flashing
Just to remember a good approach: checkout if something is changed when
flashing your router, checking:
the openwrt's device page: (i.e.
https://openwrt.org/toh?do=search&id=toh&q=netgear_dgn3500"
the forum: https://forum.openwrt.org
the issue tracker: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues

After flashing
I've connected the libremesh device as a client of an AP
I've modified /etc/opkg/distfeed.conf to be able to install kernel
modules (kmods) compiled during the build of the firmware images (to
avoid kernel version mismatch errors, etc).

Command to replace source of kernel modules
     awk
'!x{x=sub("downloads.openwrt.org/releases/23.05.0/","firmware-libremesh.antennine.campiinrete.org/releases/master-ow23/")}7'
/etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf

Update opkg packages list
     opkg update

Installing packages
     opkg install luci prometheus-node-exporter-lua

Installing a 'network-profile'
     opkg install profile-libremesh-default

--
gothos