Re: [lime] Retrofitting some old luma routers?

Autor: Ilario
Para: libremesh
Asunto: Re: [lime] Retrofitting some old luma routers?
Hi Stephen and welcome!
According to the links found by Pedro, the router is supported by
OpenWrt, which is the most important requirement for being supported by
LibreMesh :)
Also, there is more than enough flash and RAM space, actually seems like
a very nice router, let us know if you manage to get it working with
LibreMesh!!!!
The steps would be:
1) flash it with the official image of OpenWrt following the
instructions you can find in the second link posted by Pedro.
2) compile a LibreMesh image for that router, following the instructions
on the LibreMesh website [1] but with some modifications:
a) for the ath10k drivers (actually we should write these
modifications on the website... volunteers? The website can be modified,
just click on the "Edit this page" button and it will send you to the
page on Github for proposing an edit!). The things you will need to do
differently is the fact that you have to deselect the default
CandelaTech driver for ath10k (kmod-ath10k-ct) and select the non-CT
instead (kmod-ath10k) as we had to do for compiling LibreMesh on the
PlasmaCloud PA1200 routers. You can see the resulting .config here.
Those config entries are somewhere in the menuconfig.
b) your router is not supported by OpenWrt 19.07, so you will have to
compile the latest LibreMesh code with OpenWrt 22.03. It is not stable
yet but most things should work... So, instead of cloning the v19.07.10
tag of OpenWrt repository, you will need to clone the v22.03.5 one. And
instead of specifying ";v2020.3" at the end of the LibreMesh URL in the
feeds.conf file, you can leave it empty (only the URL, without the ; and
the tag) or clone with ";v2023.1-rc1" which has been created on Saturday
after the bimonthly project meeting.
c) when you compile, make sure to include lime-debug, which will pull
lime-repor
3) replace OpenWrt with LibreMesh using "sysupgrade -n /tmp/..."
4) let us know if things work. If they do not work, please send us the
report by lime-report (e.g. if the router manages to get internet
connection, you can run "lime-report | sprunge" and send the resulting
link on this mailing list).
Good luck!
Ilario

[1]: