Re: [lime] lime config extra interface

Author: trizonelabs@gmail.com
To: Ilario via LibreMesh
Subject: Re: [lime] lime config extra interface
Am 26.06.2023 um 19:22 schrieb Ilario via LibreMesh:
> Hi!
> Can you explain us what do you want to do?
> Seems like you are activating the DHCP client on the LAN ports.
> In that case you should also deactivate the DHCP server on the LAN
> ports. This second thing can be easily done avoiding to install
> lime-proto-anygw.
> The first thing (activating DHCP client on LAN) maybe is as easy as
> adding
>
> list protocols wan
>
> between the protocols in the "config lime network" section of
> /etc/config/lime-node.
> (and apply the configuration with lime-config and rebooting)
>
> Beware that you will lose access via IPv4 and you will have to use
> IPv6 link local for connecting to the router (see
> https://libremesh.org/docs/en_troubleshooting.html#connect_using_ipv6_link_local
> ), or connect the router to a DHCP server assigning an IPv4 to it.
>
> If this does not work, you maybe will have to create an
> interface-specific configuration, as in the example here:
>
> https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/blob/23fdd58e64f7ad78384d3aff35c58a02997bf7ad/packages/lime-docs/files/www/docs/lime-example.txt#L214-L227
>

> If neither this is what you want, you can create custom UCI
> configurations like this:
>
> https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/blob/23fdd58e64f7ad78384d3aff35c58a02997bf7ad/packages/lime-docs/files/www/docs/lime-example.txt#L116-L120
>

> Let us know!
> Ciao,
> Ilario
>
> On 6/21/23 16:04, i4freegr--- via LibreMesh wrote:
>> Hello community,
>>
>> i do need following interface in lime generated /config/network
>>

>> config interface 'lan_dhcp'
>>
>>      option ifname '@lan'
>>
>>      option proto 'dhcp'
>>
>>      option auto '1'
>>

>> how do i create this with  lime configuration ?
>>

>> Thank you
>>
>> i4freegr

tnx alot Ilario,

we are in the phase to design the network for the project
"desasternet/dlace".

the principal idea of this network setting was to provide every node
access to upstream service by give them an IP address from the upstream
gateway.

This setting works very well in our network since 8 years, but should be
reconsidered for the "DLACE" design.

Anyway working on the design of the system i will let you know about .

Any idea from you experienced people is highly appreciated.

Hugs Reinhard