Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: Add support for curl (does ALL_PRO…

Autore: boyska
To: tails-dev
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: Add support for curl (does ALL_PROXY fix it?)
On 04/02/2023 20:18, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> Currently Tails includes and supports wget. I propose *also* adding support for curl.
>
> Curl is widely-used and is the "go-to" tool for many people at the command line.
> Thus, including it would make Tails more convenient for some. In addition,
> enabling curl would make a number of added packages in Debian "just work",

oh yeah, we all like curl. I wonder what kind of user needs curl, though.
You mentioned that some packages in Debian will "just work" if curl is
working. Can you name any of them? I think that would be very valuable info!

--
boyska