Re: [Tails-testers] 5.8 beta1 - remarks

Author: intrigeri
To: sajolida
CC: Bogumił Modrzewski, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] 5.8 beta1 - remarks
Hi,

Bogumił Modrzewski (2022-11-08):
> Great job! The new Persistent Storage wizard looks awesome.

Thanks!

@sajolida, feel free to fix the link directly on the testing branch :)

> The last step could be ended with some confirmation - in the form of "OK"
> or "You can now close the window" button after choosing the features. For
> now, it seems that after choosing the features, you just need to close the
> window with the "x" button in the right top corner - it's a little bit
> misleading, will my options be saved now...

I understand this can create doubt.

For what it's worth, this design pattern (UI reflects current system
state, without he need to apply/confirm/save) is increasingly common,
e.g. it's used by Chrome and Firefox (not only GNOME), so perhaps we
can rely on the fact users will get used to it?