Re: [Tails-dev] Upcoming release: 5.8~beta1

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Upcoming release: 5.8~beta1
Hi,

5.8~beta1 is mostly released¹.

We rarely do beta/RCs these days so I'll explain how this impacts
development work until 5.8 is out:

 - work meant to be included in the *next* stable release, e.g. 5.7
   or a potential 5.6.1:
    - forked off the stable branch
    - config/base_branch contains "stable"
    - target branch of merge request is "stable"

 - work meant to be included in the next *major* release, i.e. Tails 5.8:
    - forked off the testing branch
    - config/base_branch contains "testing"
    - target branch of merge request is "testing"

 - work meant to be included in a future, post-5.8, major release:
    - forked off the devel branch
    - config/base_branch contains "devel"
    - target branch of merge request is "devel"

[1] I'll hold on before I announce it widely (amnesia-news@, Tor blog
post, Twitter) until sajolida had time to improve the call for
testing, e.g. to mention the QR code feature that was merged late.