Re: [Gancio-list] possible feature geolocalization and/or ma…

Autore: lesion
To: gancio-list
Oggetto: Re: [Gancio-list] possible feature geolocalization and/or map
On Fri, Aug 05, 2022 at 10:47:42PM +0200, gothos via Gancio-list wrote:
> [...]
>in a framework like nuxt, oriented instead to server side rendering,
>Hower, looking at the code, it could also be included as a plugin
>instead, or through the library nuxt-leaflet
>
>the draft I did is accessible here https://framagit.org/sedum/gancio_d
>at branch feat/geolocalization
>
>I didn't a pull request because I'm not really sure if it is a
>requested feature for the project or if it is an acceptable way to
>implement it.
>And I'd like to see other impressions.
>
>In the draft I added some values to settings, and in the setup area,
>to allow to do not using it at all, and experience gancio as it,
>without encounter any error, also if you previous enabled it and
>viceversa.
>But I think basing some functionality on it could continue as a
>"breaking change" (that implies modification of the actual code)
>
>If it was needed I could spend some time on it, if it seems a good idea.
>For example, I think are missing some functionality to select address
>directly from the map,
>and maybe to filter events in the home based on the map view, with a
>different color if the event is not "today".
>and add a button to show map in the place page, with links to how to arrive.
>Also the map as an object that take space in the layout is not really
>confortable, in desktop and also in mobile mode, is a little hard. I
>think maybe a dark/grey layer for the map could work better, but an
>interaction of this kind, with a calendar and a map, is not super easy
>to think and the fear of damage the actual elegant layout is really
>high :).
>
>Indeed maybe nominatim itself could be enough, and the work of adding
>an opt-in feature with geolocalization could be an interesting point.
>In effect, in my opinion just using nominatim could be a good choice
>it was for example, let's correct me if i'm wrong, one of the point
>also in the /e/os project (microG), compared to lineageos, to add
>nominatimNlpBackend among the other service, instead of the google
>ones, to do something a little better :)
>also if here, this lead to an unprecedent request from another server
>(also if it is nominatim) and I comprend and appreciate the efforts of
>ssr and of working without js enabled.
>
>and among the other common providers, for example looking at mobilizon
>
>https://photon.komoot.de
>https://github.com/addok/addok
>https://developer.mapquest.com/documentation/open/
>https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geocoding/intro
>https://github.com/CanalTP/mimirsbrunn
>https://pelias.io
>
>maybe just https://photon.komoot.io/ (they changed the tld) could be
>interesting to implement as it reuse nominatim data to allow a fast
>letter-by-letter research.
>
>In facts a whole other question, is the support for federation and the
>adoption of a standard for sharing places, compatible with AP, etc.

hi! as you saw i had already started (years ago!) a branch to integrate
open street map and nominatim: great that someone continued!

the idea i had was a little different, i don't really like the map
either in the home nor while adding an event. i think it's more useful
to have it directly in the single event page.

I would also like the address not to be forced to a match on nominatim,
we would need to be able to put as the address "the little corner where
the yellow flowers are" or some indication that is not necessarily the
one on the map.

I tried the branch but it doesn't seem like the `details` field is being
filled. it would be nice to have the location coordinates as well, i
think nominatim returns them (they would be needed as you said because
the location for events should be used in AP event representation)

yesterday i released 1.5.0 (there are big changes, i haven`t announced
yet), i saw you were behind the master branch anyway (great) so there
should be no problem merging.

for 1.6 the plan is to add plugins support following fadelkon's thread
and then add the nominatim feature.

thanks!