Re: [Gancio-list] Plugin system and bridges to other platfor…

Author: fadelkon
To: lesion, lesion via Gancio-list, gancio-list
Subject: Re: [Gancio-list] Plugin system and bridges to other platforms

El 5 de juliol de 2022 21:13:21 CEST, lesion via Gancio-list <gancio-list@???> ha escrit:
>On Mon, Jul 04, 2022 at 06:31:29PM +0200, fadelkon wrote:
>>
>> https://framagit.org/bcn.convocala/gancio-plugin-telegram-bridge
>>
>> It's very basic, but I'm confident we can build something on top of it to do a proper plugin and to help to improve the plugin system! :D
>

>so this is working?

Yes! What is working:
- when I create an event, a telegram message is sent to a channel with a picture and some format of the data

What is not:
- limits checking: image size, caption size limit (description + tags and more)
- description HTML cleaning.
- the rendered message format is improvable (date, links to event/ ICS/. ..)
- it's using a fixed image and link bcause in a from a dev env I couldn't send a public image link to telegram.

> what do you need?

I want to know how to have more than one plugin. I tried to put the code like /plugins/telegram/index.js but it only worked with /plugins/index.js This makes me wonder how to have more than one plugin at a time.

>as we discussed, we probably need a way to specify plugin settings,
>in this case I think we should publish plugins within the release, do you?

I'm not sure about the link between specifying plugin settings and publishing plugins. I don't understand what do you mean with "within the release".

Anyway, I think that being able to (download and?) enable this plugin via web, and setting the 2 params that this needs, it would be super cool.

I don't care how to distribute the plugin code: via git submodules, where each plugin has its own repo, or the same but with just one repo with all "official" plugins, or inside les/gancio repo itself.

Regarding the parameters to set, we could define them with a json schema. But you were reluctant to open it as much as WordPress, and I don't know exactly what implies.

Bona nit ^^