Re: [lime] Are there excellent and well-written documentatio…

Author: Ilario
To: libremesh
Subject: Re: [lime] Are there excellent and well-written documentation for installing and configuring Libremesh?
Dear Turritopsis,
thanks for contacting with us!

The most complete and concise guide on LibreMesh is here: [1] (links at
the bottom of the mail)

Here I will repeat a bit its contents suggesting you to follow these steps:

1) Do you already have the router you want to use?
Yes: is your router present in the list of available downloads [2] ?
     Yes: download the files and proceed to the installation
          instructions
     No: is your router supported by LibreMesh according to the
         list of minimum requirements [3] ?
         Yes: compile your LibreMesh image [4] and proceed to the
              installation instructions
         No: unlikely that LibreMesh can run with all its functions
             activated on your router
No: before buying a router, check the minimum requirements list [3]

2) Follow the installation instructions you can find on the OpenWrt wiki
[5] in the Device Pages. Their instructions are well curated and the
installation is identical for OpenWrt and LibreMesh.

3) Connect as a client to the newly installed LibreMesh router and surf
to [6] this page should take you to the lime-app interface of the router.

4) Configure as much as possible from the lime-app web interface

5) If you need to configure more, and you cannot find how to do that
with lime-app, it's possible that this configuration was not exposed to
the users via the web interface. You'll need to connect via ssh to the
router, use vim to edit the /etc/config/lime-node file following the
examples from the [7] or /docs/lime-example.txt file. Apply the changes
running lime-config and reboot.

Please feel free to ask help here and in the Element chatroom [8].

Maybe someone from Altermundi can tell whether they wrote additional
documentation?
If you know of more documentation spread on the internet, please use the
"Edit this page" button for adding the links to the Documentation main
page [9].

Welcome to the LibreMesh project and ciao!
Ilario

[1]: https://libremesh.org/docs/en_quick_starting_guide.html
[2]: https://downloads.libremesh.org/releases/2020.1/targets/ath79/generic/
[3]: https://libremesh.org/docs/hardware/