Re: [Gancio-list] Plugin system and bridges to other platfor…

Author: fadelkon
To: gancio-list
Subject: Re: [Gancio-list] Plugin system and bridges to other platforms
Hey, I bring something new today :)
I have a basic working plugin to send new and updated events to telegram.

El 30/6/22 a les 23:46, lesion via Gancio-list ha escrit:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 06:49:32PM +0200, fadelkon wrote:
>> Bona tarda!
>>
>> I'd like to try to develop a basic plugin to republish content to
>> other platforms (ideally for me: telegram, twitter, matrix), thus
>> throwing the bait to massive, privative sites that link back to the
>> federated radical internet :3
>
> this is super
>
>> I could write an issue for that, but I prefer to open a discussion
>> here, if it's the place.
>
> it's the place :)
>
>> The docs in https://gancio.org/dev/plugins tell me that any
>> javascript file inside /plugins directory will be loaded and its
>> hooks will be executed. However, thinking of writing a republisher to
>> telegram, some doubts arise:
>>
>> 1. there's no interface from the admin panel to set up some ids or
>> options for each plugin, right? could it be somehting generic for
>> each plugin? For the telegram bridge, I would think of the
>> channel/group id and bot auth token, at least. This would help a lot
>> in cases like convoca.la where the instance webadmins are almost all
>> different people from those who manage the server internally
>
> support for plugins are at an early stage. we can think to implement a
> page in admin panel to manage them (enable / disable) and to expose
> a list of settings declared by the plugin itself (a map like name:type,
> in your case would be something like channel:string).
> but I really don't want the plugins to become a catch-all thing (I'm
> thinking at wordpress theme for example!!).

https://framagit.org/bcn.convocala/gancio-plugin-telegram-bridge

It's very basic, but I'm confident we can build something on top of it
to do a proper plugin and to help to improve the plugin system! :D

Whoever wants to give a hand, I can add them as a member.

Cheers!
fadel