[Tails-dev] Tails report for May 2022

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
CC: tor-project
Subject: [Tails-dev] Tails report for May 2022

Hi,

Here are a few highlights about what we did in May, among many other
things:

    *

We implemented many improvements to the Tor Connection assistant. This
makes is much easier for people in Asia to circumvent censorship. For
details, see the Tails 5.1 release notes [1].
    *

We wrote a new homepage for the _Unsafe Browser_ when you are not
connected to the Tor network yet. This new version makes it easier to
understand how to sign in to the network using a captive portal.
    *

We started organized training and usability tests sessions for August in
Brazil.
    *

Tails 5.0 was released on May 3 [2]. It was the first version of Tails
based on Debian 11 (Bullseye) and brought new versions of a lot of the
software included in Tails and new OpenPGP tools.
    *

We started evaluating Mirrorbits to manage our download mirror pool. On
top of decreasing the required maintenance work, this should make
downloads of Tails faster and more reliable.
    *

Tails has been started more than 769 997 times this month. This makes
24 838 boots a day on average.

Cheers!

Links:
------