Re: [Tails-testers] Testing 5.0beta, but bridge problem sta…

Author: intrigeri
To: kitferedsay34, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Testing 5.0beta, but bridge problem started in 4.29
Hi,

kitferedsay34@??? (2022-04-24):
> Last functioning version was 4.28 (but don't have that install since
> automatic 4.29 upgrade). 4.27 is also fine, "working_version" screenshot
> provided. Also screenshot of testing version ("broken_version").

We upgraded obfs4proxy in Tails 4.29. The symptoms you describe are
exactly what you would see if using a bridge that has not upgraded
yet. You need to get another bridge (and hopefully that one will have
upgraded).

Sorry about this! It's not ideal that this change in obfs4proxy
ideally requires being deployed at the same time on all bridges and
all clients.

Cheers!