Re: [Tails-dev] Experiment started: GitLab CI (tails/sysadmi…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
CC: tails-sysadmins
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Experiment started: GitLab CI (tails/sysadmin#17740)
Hi,

intrigeri (2021-06-21):
> Update: at today's Core Workers meeting, we decided to turn GitLab CI
> off for the tails/tails project until sysadmins have capacity to make
> it work reliably in production.
>
> This experiment did help us identify the blockers :)

Zen Fu kindly fixed the main blocker so I've re-enabled GitLab CI
for the tails/tails project as an experiment.

Note that sysadmins are not maintaining the current GitLab CI runner
as if it were in production, so things will break and developers
shan't complain to sysadmins.

I'll re-evaluate in a week or two. If the setup is too fragile, we can
try boyska's idea of making the CI pipeline run only manually.

Please report any trouble to me.

This is tracked on
https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/18697

Cheers!