[Tails-dev] Novice using Tails after looking for answers to …

Author: Sheridan Thorn
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Novice using Tails after looking for answers to a Tor Error in Tails (no issues when using Tor without Tails)
Hi there!

Very excited about learning and picking up on a lot since starting
8.11.2021. All was going along very well in the .21 version. From .23
forward, I've run into I've seen noted, tried the repairs I could without
success. Here's what's up:

Tails set up at Greenwich time, which used to work just fine. Now "Error
connecting to Tor" with the one and only viable option for me is to Fix the
Clock (which doesn't seem like a good idea).
1. Tried fixing clock which did work in .23 (still, requires re-entering
time zone each time). To date, in .24 I can't access deep websites.
2. Wary about fixing the clock as it identifies my time zone
3. Issue is persistent and requires manual changes each time I enter Tails.
4. The more I read about this, the more it appears to be a security issue
worthy of concern.
5. IF I don't use default bridges, the one attempt I tried allowed access.
Still...not helpful for what I want to do.

I understand I should ignore the error report and sign in - I just can't. I
get the same error again.

What I did: Verified after download - reinstalled twice on new stick (of 3
usb sticks, 1 is kingston and the other 2 are sandisk cruzer blade
I use an att gateway, and did not see adjustments to allow unsafe browsers,
yet will look again.

Any suggestions or links for me, please? Alternative safety measures I
could try out?

Thank you!