Re: [Tails-dev] Pronouns

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Pronouns
Hi,

tl;dR: even if you personally don't care much about what pronouns are
used for you _please_ document your pronouns on GitLab. This will help
make our community a better place.

intrigeri (2021-08-02):
> If you want, you can now add your pronouns to your GitLab account so
> that your pronouns appear next to your name in your profile:
> https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/help/user/profile/index.md#add-your-gender-pronouns

Since then, sajolida helped me (thanks!) realize 2 things:

- For this to make a real difference in terms of community culture, we
need to reach a critical mass of people who have documented their
pronouns: otherwise, without a reliable enough source of
information, folks may stop looking for pronouns before
they communicate.

- We should avoid having minorities document their pronouns more than
cismen. For example, this would reinforce the "unless otherwise
specified, male is the default aka. the norm" crap.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!