Re: [Tails-dev] Unable to connect on tor

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, odran.ligneul
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Unable to connect on tor
Now putting Odran in copy as they might not be subscribed to the mailing
list.

boyska:
> Odran Ligneul:
>> Hello there,
>
> hello, and thanks for sharing your feedback with us!
>
>> I just updated my tails with the most recent version and I need now to
>> configure my Tor.
>>
>> I am using my personal WiFi without any issues in the past and now, I am
>> not able to connect on tor anymore.
>>
>> I used different bridges downloaded from your website and your email
>> addresse but none of them work when I enter them, I always get the "error
>> connecting to tor"
>
> were you already using bridges before, with other versions of Tails?

Also, which options did you choose in the Tor Connection assistant?

Could you tell us in more details what you did and what happened?

> I think you hit this bug:
> https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/15548
> the good news is that we are working on it :)
> the bad news is that there's not much you can do about that, right now.

Since Odran is telling us that they had no problem before 4.20, I'm
tempted to think that this is rather another occurrence of:

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/18481

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/