[Tails-dev] How to build tails for testing purposes?

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hans
À: tails-dev
Sujet: [Tails-dev] How to build tails for testing purposes?
Hi folks,

I am experiencing with building my own version of tails, but got stuck.

I downloaded the git, installed all needed packages on my debian system, made my
changes in ~/tails/config/ and then started

rake build && rake vm:halt

But this did not work. I got the message:

---- snip --------

You have uncommitted changes in the Git repository. Due to limitations
of the build system, you need to commit them before building Tails:
M config/chroot_local-packageslists/tails-common.list
?? config/chroot_local-packages/kali-undercover_2021.1.2_all.deb
?? vmdb2.log

If you don't care about those changes and want to build Tails nonetheless,
please add `ignorechanges` to the TAILS_BUILD_OPTIONS environment
variable.

Uncommitted changes. Aborting.

------- snap ---------

However, I do not want to commit anything yet, because I do not want to mess up with
your git-sources!

How can I build just for me, without interfering your tails-git?

Changes I made:

1. edited ~/tails/config/chroot_local-packageslists/tails-common.list

2. added kali-undercover*.deb into ~/tails/config/chroot_local-packages/

If this is working, I will try to optimize things (maybe also build for 32-Bit). Maybe I will
then ask for more help, but first let me try, if I can get it managed to build tails running
with XFCE instead of Gnome and the possibility, to look XFCE like Windows10.

Thanks for any hints.

Best regards

Hans