Re: [Tails-dev] Documentation about BIOS and firmware attack…

Author: syster
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Documentation about BIOS and firmware attacks
Hello :-)

> Being a nice market, it is costly, hard to setup, and hard to find,
> especially 100% blob free hardware. I am not sure more than a few
> percents of the Tails audience would do the switch.

If a user has this information, they might consider switching to
libre/coreboot once their current labtop breaks, or for similar reason.

> Therefore I don't think it would qualify as an actionable input/advice,
> and so how relevant it would be to add it. Giving unactionable security
> advises is a bad practice

Personally speaking, I would feel more comfortable if I read that I can
have the power if I need to mitigate that issue, rather then hoping all
will go well. Obviously it makes sense to explain that this is extremely
unlikely to be needed. It would also create more comfort to myself, if I
read that the developers of the OS I need to trust in, also thought
about how to mitigate such a rare attack.

(btw: beside that I really like the new warning docs)