[Tails-dev] Proposal: use a Label instead of a Milestone to …

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Proposal: use a Label instead of a Milestone to track our roadmap
Last year, we encoded the items on our roadmap using the Milestones
%2021 and %2022:

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/groups/tails/-/milestones/10
https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/groups/tails/-/milestones/109

The problem is that we lose this information as we assign issues to the
version numbers that we use as milestones to organize our work on a
shorter time frame.

For example, I want to get #8845 done by 4.20, so I moved it from %2021
to %4.20, lose the roadmap semantics.

As a consequence, it's hard to have a bird's view of the progress made
on our roadmap (or a kanban).

I propose that we change this to using labels, for example ~2021 instead
of %2021. This way, changing milestones wouldn't lose the roadmap info.
It would make it easier to track and evaluate progress without having to

Do you see any disadvantage to using a label instead of milestone for
our roadmap items?

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/