Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.19~rc1 tests

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: Tails list for early testers, anonym
Sujet: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.19~rc1 tests
brian_d--- via Tails-testers:
> Hi sajolida,
> thanks for your feedback.
> I never ran version 4.18 but I upgraded directly to 4.19 rc1. In 4.17 reboot or system halt was working fine. However the wifi problem starts to

happen after the previous upgrade to 4.17. I can describe better the problem: when turning off, inserting the key with tails and booting tails the
system starts correctly. After choosing parameters (basic) and entering tails desktop the wifi function is not available at all. No "choose wifi" option on the top left corner, no wifi listed in the settings pane. Just like a driver problem.
> However if rebooting and re-starting tails all is working. This behaviour is since tails version 4.17 and I found it again on tails 4.19 rc1.

Thanks Brian for the additional info!

This looks like a Wi-Fi regression. I'm putting anonym@??? in
explicit copy so that our engineers have a closer look.

I don't think that this regression is directly related to the work on
the Tor connection introduced in 4.19~rc1 but rather a driver problem of
some sort. I don't have the skills to debug this further myself.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/