[Tails-dev] Additional Storage document confusion

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: duc01k
À: tails-dev
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Additional Storage document confusion
Hi.

This is a different point to the one I just made about being deanonymized.

https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/additional_software/index.en.html

When I was reading the documentation for that feature again I realized I
had misunderstood the 'Install Only Once' feature. This only prevents
the software from being _Installed_ automatically:

> If you choose Install Only Once, the package is also saved in the Persistent Storage but won't be reinstalled automatically every time you start Tails

But then I realized the confusion is because of the documentation,
because there is a section headed 'Removing additional software'. After
reading the section again I realized it should be headed '_Uninstalling_
additional software' because that's what it's referring to. The word
remove in most of this section should be changed to 'uninstalling' I think.

The very end of that section talks about 'removing' additional software
again, but this time it _does_ mean from the persistent storage
completely and that doesn't need to be changed.

Could you also update this section or add a new one to advise users on
the best way to identify and re-install uninstalled persistent software?

Thanks guys.