[Tails-dev] proposal/offer for hosting and bridging XMPP, IR…

Author: syster
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] proposal/offer for hosting and bridging XMPP, IRC, Matrix - to deal with xmpp.riseup.net going away
Risesup is about to discontinue their XMPP service and with that, Tails MUCs.

For the new set up my proposal is:

Using XMPP, Matrix, IRC (and maybe Mattermost) at the same time and bridging the rooms.
The hosting will be outsourced to a friendly collective by using one of the offers/suggestions we get through community feedback as seen here:
https://fosstodon.org/@tails/105684244090696525

Currently there are IRC, Matrix and XMPP rooms, but they are not bridged.
Advantage of bridging:
- Those that offer support in a Matrix/IRC/XMPP room, will be able to offer it to all rooms that are bridged to the one they offer support.
- everyone can use their favorite thing
My offer:
Once the requirements are clear, I can find a solution that will met it, present it and after arrange the hosting with a friendly collective. Process and workflow can change anytime on your request.
If you believe something other then my offer is helpful, tell me.
(this is also documented in this gitlab ticket: https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/17956#note_164816)
kind regards,

syster.