Re: [Tails-dev] [Announcement] Retiring git.tails.boum.org a…

Author: nodens
To: tails-dev
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] selling merch as Tails while outsourcing the effort - some concrete ideas
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Announcement] Retiring git.tails.boum.org aka. git-tails.immerda.ch (sysadmin#17605)

On 18/01/2021 12:34, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> tl;dR
> =====
>
> The repositories hosted on git.tails.boum.org, aka.
> git-tails.immerda.ch, will be deleted no earlier than April 18, 2021.
>
> Context
> =======
>
> Since the migration to GitLab, we have Git repositories spread over
> 3 different locations: GitLab, lizard, immerda. It regularly causes
> confusion. We do need both GitLab and lizard for now, but the Git
> hosting setup at immerda is entirely redundant. I'd like to allow our
> friends at immerda.ch to stop maintaining infrastructure that we don't
> use anymore.
>
> We've already migrated almost all actively used repositories away from
> git.tails.boum.org aka. git-tails.immerda.ch. What's left there is:
>
>  - the long tail: dozens of repositories, most of them unused since
>    years; this is what this email is about;

> - a few special cases that I'll handle separately.
>
> What you need to do
> ===================
>
> If you would like to keep a repository that currently live on
> git.tails.boum.org, aka. git-tails.immerda.ch:
>
>  - If it lives under your own namespace, e.g. "johndoe/whisperback":
>    you can migrate it to GitLab yourself by April 18.

>  - Else, if it lives at the root of the namespace, e.g. "torbutton":
>    let me know by February 18, and I'll migrate it to GitLab.

> Here's the list:

<snip>

> - nodens/openpgp-applet

FTR, and just in case someone stumble on this message and wonder, the
openpgp-applet canonical git repo has been on salsa.debian.org for a
while now [1], as well as the website [2], so this repository is just
leftover cruft. Can be deleted anytime.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/openpgp-applet-team/openpgp-applet
[2] https://openpgp-applet-team.pages.debian.net

nodens