Re: [Tails-dev] Git submodules stuff polluting my repos

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Git submodules stuff polluting my repos
Hi sajolida,

sajolida (2020-12-16):
> fatal: remote error: FATAL: R any mirror-pool-dispatcher daemon DENIED
> by fallthru
> (or you mis-spelled the reponame)
> Unable to fetch in submodule path 'submodules/mirror-pool-dispatcher'
> fatal: remote error: FATAL: R any mirror-pool-dispatcher daemon DENIED
> by fallthru
> (or you mis-spelled the reponame)
> Fetched in submodule path 'submodules/mirror-pool-dispatcher', but it
> did not contain baf816c2d7fc447e49c1fdb977144766d8786e92. Direct
> fetching of that commit failed.
>
> What's up here? I never use submodules myself and would really like to
> be able to silent all this noise.

Please make sure you follow the instructions from "[Tails-project]
Deprecating old Git repositories: please update your configs", which
I'm quoting below:

Please, make sure you go through the whole documentation for
transitioning into GitLab:

      https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/GitLab/transition/

Also, please pay special attention to the "Update your Git
configuration" part, and make sure you follow all steps to ensure your
repositories and submodules all point to the new and correct places. Not
doing this properly might cause you different kinds of problems, like
using outdated code or failing to pull after the old repos have been
wiped.

Please, to avoid such problems make sure to update your config as soon
as you can. The old repositories will be shutdown in September 25th 2020
(2 weeks from now).

Cheers!