Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal for Kloak

Author: procmem@riseup.net
To: Daniel Kahn Gillmor, tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal for Kloak

On 10/29/20 2:17 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Wed 2020-10-28 15:56:43 +0000, procmem@??? wrote:
>> Is Debian inclusion a hard blocker? We've been maintaining a deb package
>> for a couple years now that's updated when upstream is.
>
> why not submit that .deb for inclusion in debian directly then? that
> makes it easily available to every debian user, and more likely to be
> picked up by downstreams like Ubuntu and Mint too. And it makes it
> easier for Tails to pull it in, of course :) Seems like a win,
> especially if you're already doing the packaging work.
>
> Regards,
>
>             --dkg

We appreciate the heroic efforts of Debian maintainers and the scale
they are working at. With that said they have a shortage of dev
resources to get around to RFP proposals which tend to languish on the
bugtracker for years.

There's always a difficulty in finding a willing maintainer to sponsor
packages. @DKG if you can assist with that, then hopefully it would seal
the deal before stable next freeze. Thoughts?