Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal for Kloak

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: fuckthebop, tails-dev
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal for Kloak
Hi,

fuckthebop (2020-10-26):
> I would like to propose that Tails include an anti-keystroke biometrics
> tool such as Kloak (see https://github.com/vmonaco/kloak).

Can you confirm it works in GNOME + Wayland?

If it does, then I think next steps would be:

a) Prepare a GNOME live image that runs Kloak, so that our UX folks
can evaluate the negative impact: I understand the higher the
delay, the higher the protection, but the worse UX gets.
I'm curious if there's a good trade-off, i.e. a delay value that
would give users both meaningful protection and acceptable UX.

I don't think this needs to be a Tails image, if using another
GNOME OS as a basis is easier for whoever tackles this.

b) Add Kloak to Debian and maintain it there.

It makes little sense to me to bother with (a) if nobody volunteers to
do (b), and vice-versa.

I don't see our team adding this to our next 2 years' roadmap given
the state of our resources. But if someone else takes responsibility
for making it happen, everything is possible :)

Cheers!