Re: [Tails-dev] RFH: Including a Debian package via config/…

Author: Daniel Leidert
To: intrigeri, tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] RFH: Including a Debian package via config/chroot_local-packages/ fails
Am Samstag, den 19.09.2020, 15:17 +0200 schrieb intrigeri:
> Daniel Leidert (2020-09-19):
> > I'm creating a custom tails image. The process works nicely so far. So
> > kudos
> > for your documentation and the build procedere. However I need to include a
> > third party Debian package. I put it into config/chroot_local-packages/.
> > But
> > then the build process fails with:
>
> FTR, this is tracked on
> https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/15618.

It might actually be two issues here. Please note the "Invalid archive
signature" error before the gnupg issue.

> There's a little bit more info there that might help approach this
> problem :)

To be honest it took me quite some time to come up with a workaround. This
doesn't solve the original issue but might help others. Here is what I did for
the time being:

I put the Debian package into config/chroot_local-includes/root/ and created a
hook in config/chroot_local-hooks/ which installs the package via `dpkg -i
/root/<package_file>`, adjusts the installation, and then removes
/root/<package_file>.

Things that also didn't work: (1) use wget in the hooks to get the package and
install it (DNS issues), (2) put the package into config/chroot_local-hooks/
together with the hook (then the package is treated like a separate hook).

I however don't understand why wget didn't work. I mean e.g.
in config/chroot_local-hooks/59-libdvd-pkg the package installation also
uses wget.

Well I found a workaround and I'm quite happy :)

Regards, Daniel