Re: [Tails-dev] Help required: test suite vs. Tor bootstrapp…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
CC: tails-rm
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Help required: test suite vs. Tor bootstrapping on buster
Hi,

Cyril Brulebois (2020-07-28):
>> | [2020-05-05 23:29:07] kibi: not an issue when running the VM separately (on the same machine), not an issue when running the test suite on stretch (different machine), not an issue on baremetal.
>> | [2020-05-05 23:29:22] kibi: I think a bug or undocumented requirement when running the test suite on buster.

My initial guess matches yours, especially because it works fine on
the same machine outside of our test suite.

I've looked at the logs you've sent me and unfortunately, this did not
help me understand what's happening.

Sharing the *.journal and Tor log artifacts could give us more clues,
perhaps.

>> Any insight appreciated…
>> […]

> At the time I wrote this call for help, it felt strange not to have
> filed a bug report at the time… I actually did, this is:
> https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/17689

I have a potential lead and asked for more info there.

Cheers!