Re: [Tails-project] [Tails-l10n] Shall we translate our Soci…

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] [Tails-l10n] Shall we translate our Social Contract?
intrigeri:
> So far 1 translator (Curtis Baltimore) answered, saying it's delicate
> but possible.

Same here. Even though I'm not doing translation for Tails, I speak
several languages and did a fair amount of translation/interpretation
work in the past.

I think that:

* This document is important to provide to people in their favorite
language as it states the commitments of our team towards users. The
audience of this document is our users. In contrast, the audience of
/contribute/mission are our contributors and supporters.

* This document is a bit sensitive to translate but definitely not
impossible. I mean humans have been translating literature, poetry,
religious texts, laws, and diplomatic communications for centuries.
Our little Social Contract is definitely not impossible to translate
accurately, though it might require more skills and more discussion
within translation team than an upgrade procedure.

arguments against translating it.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/