[Tails-dev] Releasing Tails 4.7 vs. the GitLab transition

Author: Cyril Brulebois
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Releasing Tails 4.7 vs. the GitLab transition
Hi folks,

I must say I'm pretty much impressed by the GitLab transition.

I've only started a few days ago to get a feeling what a GitLab world
looks like for us, and there were a few blockers, but with some help
from the sysadmins team, we managed to get around them (basically
cheating by letting me trigger website rebuilds on my own, until we have
appropriate triggers/hooks, so that I wouldn't be relying on other
humans at some critical times).

A few commits are staged in #17746 but mostly orthogonal to the GitLab
transition, and some more work needs to happen as documented in #17747,
but all in all, that was a pretty smooth ride for such an intimidating
transition (you might know by now I'm erring on the conservative side by
nature).

Lots of bugs were filed directly during the release process, since the
interface is so much more fluid and intuitive and responsive than
Redmine's. Of course, we might still improve workflows, metadata, etc.
and get more used to it and fluent and all that, but I really do enjoy
the new GitLab world so far!

Congratulations, everyone! And thanks!

Cheers,
kibi

(done by 18:00 CEST, first time ever — with a new all time low record
regarding hours spent on the release — and no annoying delays for once!)
--
Cyril 'kibi' Brulebois (ckb@???)