Re: [Tails-l10n] new instructions for translators:

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: Tails localization discussion
Sujet: Re: [Tails-l10n] new instructions for translators:
tails-translations@???:
> There are still some important pieces that have to be fixed in order to
> the platform be in a good shape. You can see the issues currently mapped
> in this ugly link:
>
> https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/projects/tails/issues?c%5B%5D=tracker&c%5B%5D=status&c%5B%5D=priority&c%5B%5D=subject&c%5B%5D=author&c%5B%5D=assigned_to&c%5B%5D=updated_on&f%5B%5D=status_id&f%5B%5D=cf_18&f%5B%5D=&group_by=&op%5Bcf_18%5D=%3D&op%5Bstatus_id%5D=o&set_filter=1&sort=priority%3Adesc%2Cid%3Adesc&t%5B%5D=&utf8=%E2%9C%93&v%5Bcf_18%5D%5B%5D=Translation+Platform

This seems to be roughly equivalent to the "Translation platform" view
listed in the right sidebar (apart from the display of some of the columns):

https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=321

Tell me if you cannot edit this view to your taste as it might require
some more Redmine rights (or I can do it for you).

It's great to see that you have a good grasp of the situation and give
it some visibility!

Do you mean that you want to fix *all* these tickets before we can say
that Weblate is in a "good shape"? When do we know that we reach this
"good shape" state?

For example, in the thread about the activation of Chinese on the
website, I propose to "pause the idea of activating Traditional Chinese
zh_TW until Weblate can be in a state that we can comfortably call
'production'." before trying to outreach to new Chinese and Farsi
translators.

I'm fine with relying on you to tell me when you're ready but it might
also help your work to have a more limited number of tickets on a view
to track progress towards a finite goal. And since this view list all
open tickets with "Affected tool": "Translation Platform", it might
actually never gets empty.

I can think of various Redmine mechanism. The most usual might be:

- Have a parent for this "good shape" objective, use child tickets, and
have a view that only show child tickets.

- Have a normal ticket and use "blocking" relationships, like we do for
core work teams:

https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/17247
https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=243

I hope this helps.