Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* mi…

Author: Clément Hermann
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* migration to GitLab
Hi,

On 07/05/2020 11:24, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I mistyped the tails-dev@ email address when I sent this on April 25,
> so fully quoting.
>
> Apart of that, below there's a gentle "ping" for nodens, and nothing more.

And of course when I replied on the 27th, I did "reply all" without
checking… I'll reproduce the replies to make it easier to follow this
discussion.

> intrigeri (2020-04-25):
>> [moving back the discussion to tails-dev@, and this time, setting
>> Reply-To via technical means and not merely via a social request.]

Ooops. Missed the request in the message body, sorry.

>> nodens (2020-04-16):

>>> Actually, it does, a bit. My contributions are far & between, so I rely
>>> on the "watch" list to remember what I wanted to have an eye on, when I
>>> have the time or am in the mood for some Tails stuff.
>>
>> Thank you, this is useful.
>>
>>> It's not the end of the world, if I get notified of changes on any issue
>>> I was watching. But it's gonna be impractical to find those unless I
>>> actually remember them - and even then, I'll need to remember some
>>> specific keywords to search for them.
>>
>> I understand this would fix the problem for issues you were already
>> watching on Redmine: on every issue you were watching, as part of the
>> migration process, we add a :star: reaction in your name. Then, you
>> can list those issues with the "My-reaction = :star:" filter (the UI
>> actually display nice emojis).
>>
>> But you'll still have to manually track, somehow, the issues you'll
>> start participating in on GitLab; you could use the same trick, or use
>> your activity view.
>>
>> Do you confirm this would solve the problem you've reported?
>
> Ping?

Yes! I use this workflow on github.com and gitlab.com projects already,
so it feels natural.

Thanks.

nodens