Re: [Tails-dev] GitLab: broken attachment links in comments …

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] GitLab: broken attachment links in comments [Was: Migration to GitLab: April 8-10]
Hi,

anonym (2020-04-15):
> See e.g. https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/17367
>
> The attachment links in the Attachment section work fine. However, the links in the comments where they were added have bad URLs:
>
>     https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/attachments/download/2547/GNOME+Settings+Selection.png

> It should be:
>
>     https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/attachments/download/2547/GNOME%20Settings%20Selection.png

Good catch, thanks!

I've reported this to the developer who's been responsible for this
part of the work so far:

https://salsa.debian.org/tails-team/gitlab-migration/-/issues/86

> Also, why not point to the static Redmine archive directly?

There's actually 2 static Redmine archives: a public one (with only
public content) and a private one (with the full content). After the
migration, the web server behind https://redmine.t.b.o will redirect
requests for attachments to the appropriate archive.

This design made it easier to organize our work on this migration,
compared to having the "import into GitLab" code needing to know, for
each attachment, where it should link to.

> You will have to eventually. :)

As you can see, not quite :)