Re: [Tails-l10n] Translation platform maintenance on April 1…

Author: tails-translations
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Translation platform maintenance on April 1st 2020

Hello, dear translatxrs!

> Next week the Tails translation platform will be put into maintenance
> for switching the database server from MariaDB to PostgreSQL. We expect
> the system to have better performance after that change (see [1] for
> more info).
>
> Maintenance is scheduled for next wednesday, April 1st 2020. So please
> don't expect the platform to be working during that day.
>
> [1] https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/16994

The migration from MariaDB to PostgreSQL has been done.

>From initial observations, memory usage has decreased significantly, but

there are still other things that can be improved and we will be doing a
more systematic assesment and tuning of the system in some weeks.

We'll let you know of progress when it happens.

Happy translating! And thanks for your efforts and patience. ;)