Re: [Tails-dev] [tor-dev] Tails vs the capacity of the Meek …

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: anonym
À: tor-dev
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] [tor-dev] Tails vs the capacity of the Meek bridges
David Fifield:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 11:51:41AM +0100, anonym wrote:
>> tl;dr: if Tails makes it too easy to use Meek bridges, could it overload the current set of Meek bridges?
>
> The default meek bridge is already overloaded, unfortunately.

Ack. Tails will then *not* add Meek support until it also provides another equally convenient option, like default bridges (unlikely) and/or Moat, so the situation is the same as in Tor Browser.

> It's possible to set up a special bridge just for Tails users. It
> requires setting up a bridge with meek-server (this is the cheap part)
> and configuring a CDN to point to it (this is the expensive part). But
> then you can let it run as fast as your budget allows.

I doubt we can afford that. At best it could be part of some future grant to make Tails usable in China, or similar.

Cheers!