[Sempre Verde] Fwd: Coronavirus threat greater in polluted c…

Author: Sempre Verde
To: sempreverde
Subject: [Sempre Verde] Fwd: Coronavirus threat greater in polluted cities
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "European Environmental Bureau" <anton.lazarus@???>
Date: 19 Mar 2020 12:40
To: "Francesco" <sempreverde.pronatura@???>

Environmental news from the heart of Europe
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=6d99a8cffb&e=801d6f9b60>
*19 March 2020*
Dear Francesco,

With our office closed and our team all working from home, our thoughts are
with everyone affected by the COVID-19 virus. In these difficult days, our
work to build a better future where people and nature thrive together is
more important than ever before.

Scroll down for stories linked to this week's biggest news, as well as
updates about coal, nature and climate.

All the best,

Anton Lazarus
*Communications Manager*
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=04a6d0e809&e=801d6f9b60>
Five green things to do during lockdown
If you are one of the millions in lockdown or quarantine, you need
activities that keep you moving, thinking and doing. Here are some ideas
that will cheer you up, rouse your creativity and help people and nature,
says *Marie-Amélie Brun*.
Read more
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=37ff799e79&e=801d6f9b60>
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=73e09709bc&e=801d6f9b60>
Coronavirus threat greater in polluted cities
Those living in polluted cities are more at risk from Covid-19, health and
environmental groups are warning, *Jack Hunter* reports.
Read more
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=59bf5fd054&e=801d6f9b60>
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=044fd004ec&e=801d6f9b60>
Put people and planet above planes, say environmentalists
While airlines demand bailouts, public funds should be used to help
vulnerable citizens and small businesses, as well as to finance a just
transition, *Khaled Diab* writes.
Read more
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=f6df2f1942&e=801d6f9b60>
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=c58c9259e2&e=801d6f9b60>
Thirst for justice: communities take on coal giant for stealing their water
Where Poland, Czechia and Germany meet, a thirsty coal mine threatens to
leave 30,000 people without water but local communities are not giving
in, *Roberta
Arbinolo* reports.
Read more
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=d0cb6e0070&e=801d6f9b60>
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=585418cfbb&e=801d6f9b60>
Decisive decade: nature recovery offers Europe’s policy makers compelling
solutions
This year the EU will make decisions that have far-reaching consequences
for Europe's people and nature. A new set of policy papers outlines why and
how European politicians should prioritise nature restoration in the EU
Biodiversity Strategy to 2030. *Daniel Allen *of Rewilding Europe writes.
Read more
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=ad386a035c&e=801d6f9b60>
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=005553974a&e=801d6f9b60>
Cooling down Europe’s heating system
If we want Europe to go carbon neutral, we must stop manufacturing and
selling technologies based on oil and gas – starting with heating systems,
write *Davide Sabbadin* and *Melissa Zill*.
Read more
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=571a267b8a&e=801d6f9b60>
>From our network

<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=5d4dfa2be8&e=801d6f9b60>
*Changing the conversation about rivers*

With the initiative River Film Fest our member *Living Rivers Foundation*
celebrates free rivers, clean water, and freshwater life.
Find out more
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=32ded63ff2&e=801d6f9b60>
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=c18e86795f&e=801d6f9b60>
*A ray of Sunshine, a light of hope*

To celebrate its 30th anniversary, our Croatian member *Zelena Akcija* launched
a crowdfunding campaign. As a result, around 500 donors made it possible
for 5 households in the Sisak-Moslavina county to finally get electricity.
Read more
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=1224659e9a&e=801d6f9b60>
Opportunities
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=f0b76ad4c7&e=801d6f9b60>
*Call for interest: Consultant for organisational development,
sustainability and fundraising*

We are looking for a consultant with expertise in organisational
development, coalition building amongst civil society organisations
representing different constituencies, their sustainability, and
fundraising for networks and coalitions.

*Deadline:* 30 March 2020
Find out more and apply
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=e6bbdeaccc&e=801d6f9b60>
Take action
Learn about coal mining's impact on local water supplies.
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=6e4e1140fc&e=801d6f9b60>
Watch now
<https://eeb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1777448aafe85ef675bd9ea87&id=451c17e33b&e=801d6f9b60>